WHP is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all the constituents it engages with. Since WHP frequently collects personal information and processes, such data is always handled in accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000) and its subsequent amendments in India and corresponding laws in countries where WHP implements programmes.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- From the user directly and through applications: We may collect information either through a direct engagement with the user or through the application. The data we collect depends on the context of the user’s interactions with the app.
- Through business interactions: We may collect information during the normal business interactions and transactions with individuals, organisations and contractors we work with. We may supplement the information we collect from user with information we collect from and about user from other online and offline sources.
- From other sources: We may receive information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms or other third parties such as our subsidiaries and sister organisations.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information primarily to provide better services to all our customers and to gather insights by which the quality of services can be improved or enhanced. When a user registers on the application, the following information may be collected and stored securely:
- Patient profile data (Full name, Date of Birth and Gender)
- Relationship data
- Demographic data
- Locational data (including GPS coordinates)
- Personal identification (including photo)
- Health data
- Reproductive health data
- Financial data
- Record identifier (medical record number)
- IP address
- Postal/email/telephone data
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
WHP uses the collected information primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current services. We do not share personal data with third parties without the patient’s prior consent. We may use the personal information that user submits to us in order to contact him/her with any or all of these:
- email messages and newsletters about WHP’s work and operations
- medical and health record upon request
- financial bills and receipts
- information about job application status or available job postings
- solicitation of donations, acknowledgment and thank you emails for donations/contributions
- receipts and tax documents
- event invitations
- press releases
- important notices and updates, such as changes to our terms and policies, security alerts and administrative messages
- personal responses to specific patient requests
- confirmation of or updating of contact information
HOW WE ENSURE DATA SECURITY
WHP takes due care to protect data pertaining to all the constituents it engages with. Technical measures are in place to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to the data. The employees who are dealing with the system are adequately trained & sensitised periodically to protect the data from any illegal or unauthorized usage or accidental loss.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
HOW TO CONTACT US: